I often post on a website called babycenter.com. It has helped me through our fetility problems, pregnancy and now motherhood. This question arose and I thought it was stupid that people were even answering it!! The question was: Do you think your little one is more yours than your Husbands? Here was my answer!
This question has never popped in my head until just now!! I could not imagine saying that Madisynn is more mine than his!! She looks JUST like him!! Sometimes I wonder if she is more his than mine by the looks! And I refer to the country song "I loved her first" My Dh saw her first, held her first and loved her first!!!!! (although I loved her from the second I became pregnant, so did he) I can't believe some people are saying that because they HAD to be pregnant and HAD to go through labor that their little one's are theirs!! I LOVED being pregnant and I LOVED giving birth. If my husband could he would do it all!! I would never give that away though!!!! She is both of ours inside and out!! We even fight over her! We run for her when she cries and fight over who gets to pick her up! Although I stay home with her and I am her primary caregiver and I also nurse, that second my husband comes in that door, Madisynn's head turns over and she screams for him to come pick her up!!!
My husband was adopted and I think that the love his parents have for him is absolutly no different then the love we have for our LO. But I do think that there is much more of a bond than normal between my husband and Madisynn because she is the only blood relative he knows!! Do I think that Madisynn and I have more of a bond? Yes, but partly because I nurse. Do I think that I do more for her? Yes, but that is because I stay home with her. Do I think that my husband would do it all? Yes in a heart beat if he could!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:
Hi! Sadie from June 07 here. and I totally agree! I thought that question was weird. Though I think people are pretty brave for being honest with their responses but like you, it never even crossed my mind that my son would be more mine than his. I'm soooo grateful to be able to share him with the world and especially with his daddy!
Your little girl is super cute. I love her pigtail on the top of her head.
Post a Comment