Our Little Miracle

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Our Little Blessing

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008











WOW!! Please forgive me for taking so long to post!! It has been an amazing, crazy, wonderful, busy and beautiful week!!! It has been go, go, go as Madisynn would say!! The party went WONDERFUL, but way too fast! As I saw the ticker and it says countdown complete, it freaks me out to think my baby is already 1. So now it is back to normal life! She has not been so happy with just me at home this morning, so we will see how the transition goes!

As for the party, she did so good and got so much stuff! We had a ton of family and friends come, and even 2 surprise visitors from Colorado. It was so much fun. Our families get along so great, and it is wonderful to get everyone together for a great occasion like this!! We are so thankful for our family and friends!!

Her favorite gifts are the wagon, 4 wheeler and the kitchen! She rides the 4 wheeler all over the house. It didn't take her but one second to figure out how to work it! She LOVES it!! We had to take some toys out of the living room and replace them with her new toys! Our living room was full of people and presents!! This pic is before all the people started showing up with presents :)We showed a 30 min slideshow while everyone ate of Madisynn's first year!! I was in the kitchen crying! This year has flown!




Last flash back!!

I was scheduled for an induction on June 6th at 5pm. They hooked me up to the machine inserted the cervadil, and the contractions started right away!! My mom was there from the beginning and then Derek's mom arrived around 10pm. I was still at only a 1, so we sent them home to get some sleep and we tried to rest. My contractions started getting HORRIBLE! Derek was dead asleep. I was throwing bed pans at him trying to wake him up to play the friends trivia game to keep my mind off of the contractions. The doc came in at 4am and broke my water, at about 5am the started the pitocin and our moms made it back to the hospital. By 7am the contractions were so bad. They were right on top of each other and I was only dialated to a 3. Everyone finally convinced me to get a stupid epidural. It took them 3 sticks to get it in, and of course the pain went away, but I was so disappointed in myself for not going all natural. At 9:30 she checked me and I was a 5, right after that the cathater started hurting SO bad!! They said they had no idea why, it was inserted correctly, so she rechecked me and I was to a 10. By 10am, I started pushing, and at 11:09am Madisynn Hope Garske was brought into our world weighing 7lbs 12oz and 20.5in. SHE WAS PERFECT!! So freaking cute!! Me and Derek both cried so many happy tears! It was the best moment in my life and every moment since she has brought us so much joy!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MIRACLE!! We love you more than life it self!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two have the most beautiful little girl :)

You should post the slideshow...would love to see it!

Raskls said...

Thank you for sharing your journey, I've loved reading about it since I wasn't around back then.

3LittleFlowers said...

She is just gorgeous!!! I loved reading the story, and I look forward to continue to *see* her grow!!
You guys are so lucky!!!
And the party looks like so much fun!!!!!!!!!

Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails said...

Happy Belated birthday Madisynn!

Wow Amy that Aunt Kelly must be your sister.....you look a lot alike! Looks like you all had a great time.

Andrea said...

Ok..you have me crying! Our little angels are growing up way too fast!! I love the cake! And Madisynn looks absolutely adorable!! Happy Birthday!