Our Little Miracle

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Our Little Blessing

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 28, 2008


Madisynn loves her balls! She runs around throwing this one and yelling BALL! It seems a little big for her, but she handles it very well!
I am feeling much better! I did cut back on the meds a little bit, so my tummy doesn't hurt as much! Hopefully we can both be 100% for her party in 9 days!! We have not left the house, and dont plan to, until Nana gets here next Tuesday!
After letting her run wild the other day, she has found even more things she can get too! I keep all of her art supplies in the hutch, and she can now get to it! I put them in the middle of the drawer so she couldn't get to it, and she ended up getting pretty angry at me :)

FLASHBACK continued...

On September 19th I started the progesterone to bring my period on. Normally this takes only a couple of days, well for some reason it was taking longer. We were going out to celebrate my birthday on the 23rd, so I decided to take a pregnancy test the morning before just to make sure, and of course like every other month it was negative!! I was so upset, and still only had one beer, because I just didn't feel right about drinking. So on the 24th, the day before my birthday I took another test thinking this would be a GREAT birthday present, and AGAIN negative. This time I was really heart broken. I could of sworn I was pregnant. I just laid in bed crying!! I felt like I had lost something that I never had! Well the days went by and still no period. The nurse said it could take 2 weeks for it to come on. I thought, let me try one more time. So the plan was first thing Friday morning September 29th, I would take ONE MORE test. Well I couldn't wait long and woke up at 3:30am to take a test and the second I pee'd on it, it came back POSITIVE!!! I leaped from the bathroom onto the bed yelling at Derek "WE'RE PREGNANT" we both were so shocked and so elated!!! I called my mom right away, which, they are an hour before us. I was crying and I am sure she thought something was wrong until I yelled that we were pregnant and of course she started crying too! One of those moments I will never forget for the rest of my life! The day that my life changed for the better!! The day I had waited for, for so long. Just for one little stick to have 2 lines!!! That afternoon the doctor confirmed it with blood work. We told Derek's mom and my Dad, but wanted to wait 2 weeks after the ultrasound to tell everyone else!! To be continued......

2 comments:

Raskls said...

Aww, that is such a wonderful story. It gave me goosebumps, I can't wait to hear the next installment.

The Rose Queen said...

I am glad that you had a great outcome!!! I went through 1.5yrs trying to get preg and 8mos with the last.

Cute pics.

Oh and I soooo disagree with your dr. With my oldest I got mastitis and the dr. told me that the best thing to do was continue feeding, esp from that breast, which hurt like **** and I had started to wean. So we went back to full out bf'g and it worked. I hope that you are feeling better!!! :o)